Tuesday 12 July 2016

Copper brake lines illegal

Might be going over old (recent) ground here but are copper brake pipes A, safe and legal ? I seem to remember reading somewhere that copper brake pipes are illegal in Oz. Can anyone confirm, and if so , who produces steel sets. I have been using copper brake lines for Rally cars for well over 25yrs and. At one time, it was illegal to use copper brake lines in the US. During the same time perio it was illegal to use steel brake lines in the UK.


FWIW it's apparently illegal to use copper for brake pipes in many countries, it's to do with fatigue life as copper work hardens more quickly than . Hi No one has given a satisfactory answer to copper brake line legality, so I have spent some time on the web and have come to some . Does anyone know if copper pipe is ok for brake lines? If your using the newer copper-nickel or the copper-molly lines. Copper brake lines are illegal in many countries as far as I understand.


My Rover did not pass inspection today because I installed copper-nickel brake lines. These are only allowed in Nova Scotia where it can be . A few weeks ago I received an email from someone who had read a comment of mine somewhere on the use of Copper brake lines was illegal .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts