Monday 9 January 2017

Silverado power steering cooler bypass

It turns out that somehow my cooler has sprung a leak and has been letting antifreeze get into the power steering system. A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots. My Silverado started leaking power steering fluid yesterday.

My truck is currently dumping copious amounts of power steering fluid from the power steering fluid cooler. You will need to have a cooler that the fluid goes through in order to keep the temperature down. If you do not then the power steering pump will overheat, which . Jul 20- Can I just bypass the cooler and connect the hoses together?

I am by no means a power steering expert though. Jun 20- Should I just buy a piece of Rubber Tube and bypass this stupid thing? That is the power steering cooler, im not finding the part looking . I ordered the Dorman replacement cooler online but it won't be here until the middle of next. The question I have is about temporarily bypassing the cooler.


The power steering cooler is leaking on my TB. My cooler was bypassed by the previous owner years ago when it rusted and leaked. I have a leaky power steering cooler in my 20GMC Envoy XL 4. Hey guys, Is there any real need for the power steering cooler on.

Formula WSM6-sold: 20Silverado Z71. Aug 20- How do I bypass the Power Steering rail cooler for a temp fix. May 20- How do I change or bypass power steering cooler on 20Chevrolet Trailblazer. Its leaking and we dont tow or off road with it. Feb 20- Power steering cooler line rusted out.


I bypass the cooler completely without any problems this may cause to - GMC 20Sierra question. Springs, struts, sway bars, bushings, steering, etc. In any case you can probably bypass the PS cooler without ill effect, but be aware that . One way to test that the cooler is the source of your power steering problems is to try bypassing it.


Connect the inlet and outlet hoses for the pump to each other. What do you mean when you say that the pump can't be repaired or replaced?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts